Data-driven decision making is critical to good planning practice. SWRPC staff can offer our member municipalities and other partners a range of technical assistance regarding data collection, analysis, visualization, and communication. You can use the menu on this page to access data tables on several key planning topics, including population, housing, and more. For additional reference, we’ve compiled external data resources in the list below. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with specific data-related questions.
External Data Resources
- Center for Neighborhood Technology Housing and Transportation Index. An interactive online tool for evaluating the combined housing and transportation costs over a variety of geography types.
- Data.Census.Gov. Data from the U.S. Census Bureau from a variety of sources, including the American Community Survey and the Decennial Census. Data spans a wide range of topics, including demographics, housing, the economy, and more.
- NH Department of Revenue Administration. Data on municipal tax rates and related information.
- NH Division of Travel and Tourism. A data dashboard with statewide, county, and regional metrics related to the travel and tourism economy.
- NH Employment and Labor Market Information Bureau. A variety of economic data, including town-level unemployment rates.
- NH Housing. A range of housing-related information, including home median sales price and rental cost trends.
- NH Office of Strategic Initiatives. A diverse set of planning-related data, including population projections and results from the annual municipal land use survey.
- NH Department of Transportation. NHDOT’s Transportation Center Data Management System (TCDS) is an interactive application that allows users to examine a variety of traffic data, including traffic counts.
- U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis. County-level data on employment, GDP, and more.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. County-level data on unemployment, wages, and more.